05 May 2013

May 4 Photo: Where I'm from




My home is Calgary. That is Cal-ga-ree. Not Cal-gree. People tell me I can't be from here if I pronounce it with three syllables but I was born and raised here. I use the two-syllabled pronunciation if it takes the role of an adjective. The Cal-gree Tower, The Cal-gree Flames.  But I am from Cal-ga-ry. The best city in the world.

And this is just after driving for 10 minutes from my home.


I was off to the Edge School for Athletes to watch a dance competition that my niece was performing in.  Such a talented sweet girl.  It was fun experiencing a reality show live - such fun performances. The girls from Chestermere who performed the number "Monster" were amazing. My niece was up there with a younger group - all sweet and energetic. So fun to watch. I wasn't backstage so I didn't see the behind the scenes but it all seemed super supportive and positive. No Abby Lee Miller to be seen.  Thanks for inviting me!

A star is born!



1 comment:

Sheila said...

Loved your pictures and blog entry. Here I have been craving homemade doughnuts and you put a picture on. Think if I feel better this weekend, will make some.
Keep up the good work.
Love you, Mom

nRelate - All Sections