12 April 2013

April 12 Photo: In the Middle


Banana cooked "in the middle" of the pancake at the Pfanntastic Pannenkoek Haus.

I didn't mean for this to be another food picture. I have my niece sleeping over tonight so that I can drive her to her theatre class in the morning and we ended up a the Pfanntastic Pannenkoek Haus for dinner (I gave her lots of options and it was the one that appealed to her the most.) After hearing John Gilchrist talk about the restaurant on the CBC this morning, I wasn't unhappy with her choice. And when the waitress brought out  (this is only HALF a serving!) our dessert pancake - chocolate and banana, we realized the banana was not sliced on top like I expected but cooked into the pancake. Yum!

We had to sit and wait for a knife and fork, watching the whipped cream begin to melt away so to resist the urge to just abandon cutlery and go for it pizza style, I decided to take my picture for the day. 

We came back home to watch the Bollywood version of a classic, "Bride and Prejudice". It's silly but I think she enjoyed it. My favourite scene is the "Dola Dola" a dance done with sticks. (if you watch this clearly unauthorized upload of the clip, ignore the Darcy/Wyckham drama and enjoy the dance!)  It looks too complicated to pick up quickly as a couple of the characters appear to do, but really looks fun.

I'm adding this photo now but it may come down later - I need to clear it with my niece. She ended the night all tucked in with a teen magazine. She liked the room she was going to sleep in. My "garden" green apple reading room with lots of flower pictures/paintings and a big bookshelf of family classics to read. She may not get to lights out for a while. It was fun hanging out with her tonight.





No comments:

nRelate - All Sections